COMMANDMENTS FOR A RESPONSIBLE PET OWNER
1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you is very painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want from me.
3. Place your trust in me – it is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don’t be angry with me for long, and don’t lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment. I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don’t understand your words, I understand your voice when it’s speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I’LL NEVER FORGET IT!
7. Before you hit me, remember that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand but I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I’m not getting the right food, I’m thirsty, I’ve been out in the sun too long or my heart may be getting old and weak.
9. Take care of me when I get old, You, too, will grow old.
10. Go with me on my last difficult journey. Never say “I can’t bear to watch it” or “let it happen in my absence”. Everything will be easier for me if you are with me: REMEMBER, I LOVE AND TRUST YOU!
You are visitor number: 396531